Papers organized by subject:
- Coverings, (with Douglas Stinson), in Handbook of Combinatorial Designs, second edition, (2007) pp. 365–372.
- Asymptotically optimal covering designs, (with Greg Kuperberg, Oren Patashnik and Joel Spencer), Journal of Combinatorial Theory A, 75 (1996), pp. 270-280.
- New constructions for covering designs, (with Greg Kuperberg and Oren Patashnik), Journal of Combinatorial Designs, 3 (1995), pp. 269-284.
- C(12,6,3)=15, (with Oren Patashnik, John Petro and Herb Taylor), Ars Combinatorica, 40 (1995), pp. 161-177.
Difference Sets and Related Designs
- New Nonexistence Results on Circulant Weighing Matrices, (with K.T. Arasu and Yiran Zhang) , submitted.
- A Survey of the Multiplier Conjecture, (with Bernhard Schmidt) , Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 78 (2016), pp. 221-236.
- On the existence of cyclic difference sets with small parameters, (with Len Baumert), Proceedings of Conference in Number Theory in Honour of Professor H.C. Williams, 2003.
- Some restrictions on orders of abelian planar difference sets, Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, 29 (1999), pp. 241-246.
- The Prime Power Conjecture is true for n < 2,000,000, Electronic Journal of Mathematics, 1 (1994), Paper R6.
- Optimal hash functions for approximate closest pairs on the n-cube, (with Victor Miller and Peter Ostapenko), IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 56 (2010), pp.984-991.
- Perfect single error-correcting codes in the Johnson scheme, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 52 (2006), pp. 4670–4672.
- A remark on Plotkin’s bound, (with Warwick de Launey), IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 47 (2001), pp. 352-355.
- Equidistant arithmetic codes and character sums, Journal of Number Theory, 46 (1994), pp. 323-333.
- Perfect multiple error-correcting arithmetic codes, Mathematics of Computation, 49 (1987), pp. 621-633.
- Minimal permutation sets for decoding the binary Golay codes, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 28 (1982), pp. 541-543.
NOTE: There is a typo in Table I, which was found by Cary Huffman. The third permutation should have a 6 between the 21 and the 5.
Computational Number Theory
- Factoring polynomials over p-adic fields, (with David Cantor), in Proceedings of ANTS IV, LNCS 1838 (2000), pp. 185-208.
- A survey of fast exponentiation algorithms, Journal of Algorithms, 27 (1998), pp. 129-146.
- Discrete logarithms in GF(p) using the number field sieve, SIAM J. Discrete Math., 6 (1993), pp. 124-138.
- Massively parallel computation of discrete logarithms, (with K.S. McCurley), Advances in Cryptology- Crypto ’92, pp. 312-323.
- Designing and detecting trapdoors for discrete log cryptosystems, Advances in Cryptology- Crypto ’92, pp. 66-75.
- Fast exponentiation with precomputation (with E.F. Brickell, K.S. McCurley and D.B. Wilson), in Proceedings of Eurocrypt ’92, pp. 200-207.
- The distribution of Lucas and elliptic pseudoprimes, (with Carl Pomerance), Mathematics of Computation, 57 (1991) pp. 825-838.
- On the number of elliptic pseudoprimes, Mathematics of Computation, 52 (1989), pp. 231-245.
- Pseudoprimes on elliptic curves, Proceedings of the 1987 Laval University International Number Theory Conference, pp. 290-305.
- On the density of the set of known Hadamard orders, (with Warwick de Launey), Cryptography and Communications, 2 (2010), pp. 233-246.
- A Comment on the Hadamard Conjecture, (with Warwick de Launey), J. Combinatorial Theory A, 95 (2001), pp. 180-184.
- Dense admissible sets, (with Gene Rodemich), Proceedings of ANTS III, LNCS 1423 (1998), pp. 216-225.
- On sequences without geometric progressions, (with Brienne E. Brown), Mathematics of Computation, 65 (1996), pp. 1749-1754.
- Degree games for graphs, (with Frank Harary and Robert Robinson), Discrete Mathematics, 128 (1994), pp. 151-163.
- Computing the Mordell-Weil rank of curves of genus 2, (with David Grant), Transactions of the American Math. Soc., 337 (1993), pp. 807-824.
- Percolation in high dimensions, Journal of the London Math. Soc., (2) 44 (1991), pp. 373-384.
- Parallel sorting on Cayley graphs, Algorithmica, 6 (1991), pp. 554-564.
- Hecke operators and the fundamental domain for SL(3,Z), (with D. Grenier and A. Terras), Mathematics of Computation, 48 (1987), pp. 159-178.